Now Showing……

Fort_Loudoun_movie_poster_final_CMYK (522x800)Fort Loudoun State Historic Area invites you to view the new documentary, Fort Loudoun: Forsaken By God and Man, Now Showing Daily at the historic area’s visitor center auditorium.

Produced by Nolichucky Pictures, a cinematic media company based in Knoxville, who began filming the documentary in August 2010 with Buck Kahler, Chris Albrecht, Debra Dylan and the documentary’s cast and crew of 198 volunteers, including five scholars and two educational consultants. The documentary’s title derives from a quote attributed to Captain Paul Demere, commander of Fort Loudoun at the time of the surrender of the fort.
A 30-minute version of the documentary will be broadcast on East Tennessee PBS in early August. At that time, a DVD of the documentary and a special feature about the archaeology of Fort Loudoun and the Tellico Reservoir Project will be available for purchase. The documentary is made possible by Pellissippi State Community College, Humanities Tennessee, Nolichucky Pictures, East Tennessee PBS and the Fort Loudoun Association.
Prior to this new documentary, The Fort Loudoun Story debuted at the visitor center in the fall of 2004. Buck Kahler and Chris Albrecht also produced this documentary, which won awards from the Tennessee Association of Museums and the Oak Ridge Film Festival. The 2004 film was a welcome update to an dated audiovisual program that had been shown at the visitor center since 1983.
Fort Loudoun State Historic Area is a 1,200-acre site on the location of one of the earliest British fortifications on the western frontier, built in 1756. Nearby were the principal towns of the Cherokee Nation including Tenase, namesake of our state, and Tuskegee, birthplace of Sequoyah. Today the fort and the 1794 Tellico Blockhouse overlook TVA’s Tellico Reservoir and the Appalachian Mountains and are located one mile off Highway 411 on Highway 360 in Vonore.
For more information about the park or a complete schedule of events for the Living History Program 2013, please contact the Fort Loudoun State Historic Area office at 423-884-6217.

Comments are closed.