The Fort Loudoun Association was chartered in 1933. It was the primary organization for running the site until 1977. Since that year the Fort Loudoun Association has functioned as a “Friends of the Park” organization. The Fort Loudoun Association is recognized by the IRS as a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. All donations made to the Fort Loudoun Association are tax deductible. The officers of the Association include the president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer. The membership meets six times per year. All membership meetings at held at the Fort Loudoun Visitors Center and begin at 9 AM.